Saturday, May 20, 2006

CAWAII magazine



This is CAWAII magazine, originally from Japan but this one is translated into Chinese in Taiwan. I bought this last weekend and I love the magazine a lot!!

My first Cawaii magazine was bought in December 2004 when I was in Japan for my training. I bought because Ayumi was on the cover and looking really pretty!! It's pretty interesting, introducing the latest fashion trend, makeup looks and hairstyles, with minimal words and full of pretty pics! Thus not a problem when I can't read Japanese, the pics-filled pages already made it a magazine worth buying!

Last Sunday when I was at Takashimaya's Kinokuniya, I saw this magazine at the Chinese magazine section. It was the original Japanese magazine but translated into Chinese in Taiwan. So now it's still filled with fashion and makeup pics of gorgeous Japanese girls yet I can read it and understand. Yeah!!! I bought it without hesitation... love the magazine! Here's a sneak preview of this issue's "tutorials":

Makeup tutorials!!! A total of 8 of them!! Here's 4 previews~



Seems like the makeup trend in Japan now is to look more tanned after applying makeup!! Which is contrary to here where everyone's trying to achieve a fairer complexion with whatever kinda powders available. But look at these Japanese babes' before (small insets) and after photos!! Amazing eh? Keke~



Hairstyle tutorials!!! There are 4 of them if I remember correctly. (I'm at my boyfriend's place and the magazine's not with me now :P) So here's 2 previews~



Really wonder how much time these Japanese babes need every morning to prepare! Imagine going through the 10 steps of hairstyling and 20 over steps of dolling up every single morning!! Lazy me can never do that! In fact I always spend minimal time on my looks, just simple comb my hair, put on toner and moisturizer with SPF, and off I go to work!!! When will I ever ever learn to doll up, and actually try to doll myself up?? I hope it's not never!!! I must start learning soon~~~

Hmmmmm... must learn! I don't even know how to draw my brows or line my eyes. One word: PATHETIC! What kind of lady dunno how to doll herself up? I'm too lazy! I must strive to learn and look better! And if wanna learn, then must try!!! So I might be doing a FOTD with EOTD soon. Perhaps perhaps perhaps. Haha! Stay tuned~~~ (^_^)v

2 comments:

keelyn said...

I think the magazine very good, except needs a lot of time to read carefully and to experiment. Erm.. also Vit M to carry out the experiment lah. So... I've got no time, and Vit M. But should try while we are young! =)

deedee said...

yea should try try try!! haha~ after a while more won't be young anymore... *sob*