Thursday, June 29, 2006

TBS stuff + Facial + Weird Hairdo

Yesterday was facial day. Before I met Keelyn for our dinner and facial appointment, I went to The Body Shop at JP with a childhood friend whom I recently reconciled in my employer company. Coincidentally she's working as temp staff in my company while waiting for her new semester to start, and she called out to me when she saw me a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't recognise her first because the last time I saw her, she's only a kid! Oh my, how much have she grown! Which also means by that much I've aged... =/

I went to The Body Shop because I was tempted by the TBS Shimmer Wave (bronzer/blush thingy) that my colleague bought. More so because of the irresistable price of the set that comes with a blush brush - $29.90 - which is a whooping 50% off!

I also bought the strawberry body polish and body lotion (so I'm gonna smell like an uber sweet strawberry), while my friend bought herself a Hi-Shine lippie that's very pretty but I didn't manage to take a picture of. The total loot, including her lippie, cost over 60 bucks and I got a White Musk Too EDP free!~ Great buy isn't it?

There are 3 shades available for the Shimmer Wave: peach, rose and bronze... which shade should I choose?


I bought rose in the end, a nice shimmery blush that adds shine and highlights to my face anytime. =)


This actual thingy with its case open. Ooooo~ the set comes with this TBS blush brush as well. Neat!


The entire loot for myself... with the uber yummy-smelling strawberry body polish and body lotion.


And the receipt... Just to let you know how much I've saved from this week's TBS sales. =D


Met Keelyn for a super-filling dinner at The Soup Spoon then we had facial. I requested for face massage this time, because they've been using machines on me and I miss the great feeling of having the beautician's hands massage my saggy face with firm massage strokes. I was told my face is not suitable for massage thus they won't recommend it to me, but I love the feeling! The beautician warned that acnes might sprout in the next 2 days... do I care? =X I think I do, but I love massages more than I hate pimples!!! Kakaka~

After facial, Keelyn and I went to TCC at Boat Quay for a frappe each before heading home. I tried to clip up my hair the usual way to keep them from flying around - to bring half of the hair from ears to behind the hair and hold it - the usual way most long-hair ladies do. But I was bored with the normal way that everyone does - the same old boring way of clipping the hair right in the middle - so I tried to do something different. This was taken by Keelyn when we were at TCC.



Tried to do an asymmetrical style with my butterfly clip - held my hair back to the side instead of middle, and gave it a twist before I clipped it down in place. I wanted to make it looks like a butterfly is perched at the side of my head on my hair beside my ear, but it didn't really turn out well. At least it didn't look too normal... keke~ This was inspired by my many Japanese beauty magazines... with lots of hairstyling tips and many asymmetrical styles. The Japanese girls always style up their hair nicely, unlike us. Lazy me didn't do any styling to my hair, but girls like me love to be abnormal. And so I tried asymmetrical. Will try different ways of doing my hair up and post pics here if I manage to take some pics. =D

Added later, specially for annjo - swatch for the TBS Shimmer Waves on the back of my hand, taken in TBS. :)

Pardon if the colours aren't obvious, I tried to take a few times and all not obvious so I gave up, this one is the best one liao...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. the shimmer blush is really nice.. did u try on the peach? nice?

deedee said...

hihi annjo! i think peach is nice too. i couldn't decide which to get! i should hv gotten bronze, most of my colleagues got that one cos they tried and it's very nice. but the SA who tried on me was too harsh with the bronze one... and rose appear more gentle and sweet. but summer's supposed to be bronzy!!! the set promotion is over *boohoo* now i'm really lemming for the bronze one! but the peach is nice too, IMO. :)

i've uploaded a picture for u to see... :D

Anonymous said...

hmm it over ah.. i guess i will go down n take a look.. see whether want to get or not.. lol.

anyway thanks alot for the picture! :)

deedee said...

no problem at all! :D